Thursday, March 4, 2010

Bio

A little about me:
  • I currently teach 4th grade but spent my first three years teaching second. I was "promoted" to 4th against my will but now love 4th and wouldn't want to go back down. The school where I work utilizes block scheduling so I currently teach two literacy blocks that include reading, writing, and social studies, which I love! I do not want to teach math again!
  • I graduated in 2009 with a Master's Degree in Reading Education so I am certified Elementary Education (K-6) and Reading Education (K-12).
  • I've always loved technology and computers. I was the first of my friend to get a cell phone in 10th grade, first to have an AOL email address, and the dorky one to get and understand all the new "toys".
  • I did and 3-day SMART Content Creation Seminar in Spring 2009 and became a SMART Exemplary Teacher. I'm in the middle of a 4-day Discovery Education seminar and hope to become a Star Discovery Educator.
  • I love kids lit! I am a huge Harry Potter dork and am going to be really disappointed if the Wizarding World of HP isn't open at Universal by the time I visit FL on Spring Break in April. My favorite author is Roald Dahl. I think the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books are hysterical (kind of where I got the name of this blog from...). I read kids books as often if not more often that adult books.
  • I'm hoping to get into a doctoral program soon where I will focus on reading education with a strong emphasis towards classroom technology.
  • My current dream job would be writing Notebook lessons for SMART. However, it's a bit cold in Canada for me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment